Mari's Adventures

Sunday, May 07, 2006

Tro-Tros and Fufu

This week in Toronto has been hectic and intense and all of the work we have been doing will all be tested tomorrow when we arrive in Ghana. The flight over there will give me some time to try and digest all that has taken place over the last week. I was so looking forward to the stop over in Amsterdam, but our group won't be able to get out of the airport because our insurance will not cover any place outside of Canada and Ghana. I would have been fun to revisit Amsterdam again.

The crew in Toronto has been great in trying to get us ready for the Ghanaian experience and we were treated to the marvels of Ghanaian food the other night. We tried some fufu, fish, rice, fried plantains, peanut soup, and some "mystery meat", which ended up being pork skin. That I must say was an interesting experience to say the least.

So many questions are running through my mind and it seems like I'm not ready to go overseas, but I guess no one will ever be fully ready. I guess I'll just have to trust myself and hope that I will not get hit by a tro-tro : )

1 Comments:

Blogger mellowchick said...

HI MARI : )

Its nice to read that you're doing well.. maybe you can try to post pictures when you're in ghana if possible?

Hope to hear from you soon.

Deena!

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home